With well-known and beloved brands such as Stabbur-makrell, Toro and Grandiosa, Orkla Foods Norway is present in practically all of the country’s nearly 4,000 grocery stores. Daily, not only food, but also large quantities of shop material, promotional material, giveaways and the like are transported to shops around the country.
Such material is an important part of the marketing of both new products and old favourites, and is of great importance to the turnover of both Orkla Foods and the grocers.
– That is why we are still dependent on having a solid partner for stock and distribution. If something goes wrong and things are missing, or don’t arrive on time, the merchants get mad at our sellers. Then we lose a lot of goodwill, says Ketil Hansen, Shopper Marketing Manager at Orkla Foods Norway.
– We must be trustworthy, and therefore we must also have a partner we can trust.
– Efficient way to service both the sales machine and the stores
For a long time, this reliable partner has been Distribusjonspartner AS.
– I have worked at Orkla and Stabburet for 15 years, and as long as I have been here, we have always used Distribusjonspartner for the storage and distribution of shop material and campaign material, says Hansen.
Among other things, the partnership means that Orkla can have material supplied by external partners – for example demo tables, posters, banners and giveaways – sent directly to the store or warehouse. The goods therefore do not have to go to a central warehouse at Orkla, which was the norm in the past.
– The collaboration with Distribusjonspartner gives us an efficient way to serve both our sales apparatus and the stores. They have good systems; they can turn around quickly and have things in order. We always have a good overview and can trust that things will be delivered on time.
Customer handlers with a full overview
When asked why he thinks the collaboration works well, Hansen singles out Distributionpartner’s customer managers.
– We have got a permanent customer manager who has worked with us for a long time, and who therefore knows us well. This customer manager knows our company, our products and has a full overview of our equipment, he says.
– At all times, we have over 1,000 articles in stock, and therefore we are completely dependent on those we work with having a good overview, emphasizes Hansen.
Have further developed the service together
Orkla Foods Norway is one of Distributionpartner’s largest customers, and has over the years helped to influence the development of the collaboration partner.
– Because we have worked so closely over such a long time, we have been able to further develop their service together. Among other things, we have been a driving force to build a good, web-based system that the sellers have access to through the tools they use, says Hansen.
Orkla’s Shopper Marketing Manager is now looking forward to further collaboration, new developments and new opportunities in the future.
– For our part, their name could not have been a better fit. They are, in the true sense of the word, our distribution partner, concludes Hansen.
Do you want more information or wonder how we can assist you?
We would love to hear from you! Fill in the form below and we will come back to you shortly.